Wish to Volunteer?
If you are interested in any of the ministries below, please contact the Parish Office on (02) 9369 9399 or [email protected].
The Office will need you to complete these forms Waverley Parish Census 2022 and Parish Ministries.
- Ministry of Altar Serving (WWCC required)
- Ministry of Hospitality
- Ministry of Music
- Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist (WWCC required)
- Ministry of Proclaiming the Word (WWCC required)
- Ministry of Communion to the Sick (WWCC required)
- Altar Linen Cleaning
What is a WWCC?
A WWCC assesses the level of risk that a person may pose to Children during the course of their Child-Related Work. WWCCs assess prior convictions, apprehended violence orders, charges, and relevant allegations or police investigations.
Already a Volunteer?
If you currently volunteer at our Parish in any of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney identified areas listed below you need to have a WWCC (Working with Children Check) details & have signed a Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney Code of Conduct form which are held in the parish office. If you need assistance contact the parish office (02) 9369 9399.
The Safeguarding & Ministerial Integrity Office, in conjunction with the Parish has identified the following require a Working With Children Check:
Parish roles that DO require a WWCC if Children form part of the ministry work:
- Parish Secretaries
- Youth Ministers, Workers or Leaders
- Pastoral Associates
- Sacramental Coordinators
- Sacramental Group Leaders
- Catechists in State Schools
- Children’s Liturgy Coordinators
- Children’s Choir Ministry Leaders
- Acolytes and Senior Altar Servers
- Ministers of the Word/Readers/Lectors
- Parish Collectors (AKA Wardens)
Child-related workers, both paid and unpaid, are responsible for applying for their own Working With Children Check.
To obtain a Working With Children Check, applicants must:
- Go to http://www.kidsguardian.nsw.gov.au/working-with-children/working-with-children-check/apply/apply
- Under the heading For individuals, select Apply.
- An online form will appear. Complete the required fields and follow the prompts. Applicants will be provided with a Working With Children Check application number.
- Take the application number and proof of identity to a Transport, Roads and Maritime (RMS) registry (formerly known as the RTA) or Government Access Centre.
- Pay a fee of $80 if the applicant is in paid employment. The Working With Children Check is FREE for volunteers.
If the worker receives a clearance, the check is valid for five years (unless a new record appears during this time which leads to the clearance being revoked).
Please also sign this CAS Code of Conduct form following the agreements for Working with Children and hand this in with your WWCC number for verification.
The Safeguarding Office require volunteers to complete Training – for the Online Induction Training you will need to register by following the link found on our Safeguarding & Child Protection page.
If you have specific questions about WWCCs, you can email the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office on [email protected] or phone 02 9390 5810 For further information, you can visit the NSW Office of the Children’s Guardian website at ocg.nsw.gov.au
Ministry Formation Retreats
This information is for all who have who are interested in being involved in our parish liturgical ministries and registered to be Extraordinary Ministers of Communion, Proclaimers of the Word, Sacristan/Altar Server. Before we can publish rosters, it is important that proper formation is given for these very important ministries in our Parish. There are two options for formation and everyone who wishes to minister must attend either one of the two options. Please contact Fr Bernie to arrange a time for ministry instruction at [email protected]