- Archdiocese of Sydney launches Reconciliation Action Planby Adam Wesselinoff on June 2, 2023 at 4:21 am
The Archdiocese of Sydney launched its “reflect” Reconciliation Action Plan on 31 May alongside a new commissioned artwork The post Archdiocese of Sydney launches Reconciliation Action Plan appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Calvary Hospital launches legal action to stop forced acqusitionby Marilyn Rodrigues on May 31, 2023 at 6:30 am
Calvary Healthcare has sought an injunction in the ACT Supreme Court to prevent the forced takeover of Calvary Public Hospital The post Calvary Hospital launches legal action to stop forced acqusition appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Archdiocese of Sydney launches Laudato Si’ toolkit to help parishes care for creationby Staff Writers on May 22, 2023 at 7:27 am
The kit offers practical ways that individuals, families, parishes and schools, can engage with Pope Francis’s encyclical on the environment The post Archdiocese of Sydney launches Laudato Si’ toolkit to help parishes care for creation appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Archbishop urges support for petition to reverse Calvary hospital takeoverby Adam Wesselinoff on May 17, 2023 at 7:03 am
Archbishop of Sydney Anthony Fisher OP is urging support for a petition asking the ACT government to reverse its decision to take over Calvary Public Hospital. The post Archbishop urges support for petition to reverse Calvary hospital takeover appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- New research on COVID lockdownsby Marilyn Rodrigues on May 16, 2023 at 11:58 pm
A new report offers insight into the dismay and anger experienced by church-going Catholics at forced church closures during Australia’s COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns. Dr Philippa Martyr, academic and Catholic Weekly columnist, gathered the experiences of 175 Australian church-going Catholics, representing the broadest and largest cross section of the churchgoing Australian Catholic public … The post New research on COVID lockdowns appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Sydney Catholics honour Our Lady with prayer and processionby Mathew De Sousa on May 16, 2023 at 8:00 pm
In her message to three Portuguese shepherd children on 13 July 1917, Our Lady asked them to “pray the rosary every day in honour of Our Lady of the rosary, in order to obtain peace for the world.” The post Sydney Catholics honour Our Lady with prayer and procession appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Contemplative moments of motherhoodby Marilyn Rodrigues on May 13, 2023 at 8:00 pm
Like many mums this Sunday I will be lucky enough to have a big fancy breakfast delivered to me in bed, made lovingly and laboriously by my kids (with help from their dad). And after all that hard and hungry work, at least one of them is likely to wriggle carefully under the quilt so as not to spill my coffee and kindly point out that surely it’s too much to eat all by myself—and would I like a little help? The post Contemplative moments of motherhood appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Why the world still needs Fatimaby Guest Contributor on May 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
From May to October in 1917, Our Lady appeared a total of six times, to three shepherd children in Fatima, Portugal. Lúcia dos Santos, Francisco and Jacinta Marto were asked by Our Lady to pray the rosary, make sacrifices for the salvation of sinners and to encourage others to do the same for peace. The post Why the world still needs Fatima appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Walk with Christ doco hits screensby Michael Kenny on May 4, 2023 at 5:00 am
Students across Sydney Catholic Schools will gain fresh insights into the significance of the Feast of Corpus Christi, its history and ongoing importance through a new documentary produced by the Sydney Centre for Evangelisation. The post Walk with Christ doco hits screens appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.
- Baptism resource to bring sacrament aliveby Michael Kenny on May 3, 2023 at 8:00 am
The Sydney Centre for Evangelisation (SCE) has produced a landmark new resource on the sacrament of baptism, highlighting the central part it plays in the life of Christians and helping Catholics and non-Catholics alike in answering some common questions they may have about it. The post Baptism resource to bring sacrament alive appeared first on The Catholic Weekly.